Thursday, July 29, 2010

Basement. 20:20. Motion. Life.

This week has been crazy busy with the anticipation for Motion Student Conference at Church of the Highlands. Sunday night was CORE (see previous blog about Sundays) and it set the stage for the rest of the week. Let me take you through these last three days and reveal to you what God is revealing in me.

MONDAY: Just like any other day, except I was coming down with a cold. No matter tho, I took a nap during the day so I could muster up my energy for an hour prayer meeting that night for Motion. It worked, I was on fire for God and praying over names, churches and leaders. By the end of the hour (which felt, seriously, like ten minutes), I was exhausted and worn completely out. Madison and I had a good talk on the way home over what was prayed for and the vision of what God will do to the lives of the students who will be coming to Motion. This prayer night is proof that God is working in me and allowing me to grow in Him and to step out of my comfort zone in my Christian walk... words + action = MOTION!

TUESDAY: The Basement. Hmmm, what is to be said about this once a month experience. Matt Pitt, a rather ordinary guy (by the world's standards) started holding worship gatherings in his basement a few years ago. Well word got out and people started coming to grow in the Lord and be unashamed for Christ. The numbers were astounding and the group was quickly growing out of buildings they were using to gather. On Tuesday, The Basement overflowed the auditorium and Switch rooms at Church of the Highlands. However, The Basement provides the seed of the Word of God to be planted... there is no cultivation. During worship at the end, God overflowed my heart with the prayers that the students who came to The Basement would be moved to go back to their churches, families and friends and share the news they have heard. That they would earnestly seek the Lord and not allow The Basement to be a "spiritual high" that they get every month. Prayers were flowing from my heart and my mouth as I stood their surrounded by the next generation, asking God to put these students faith into MOTION!

WEDNESDAY: I spent the day with family and decided to look up 20:20 (a leadership program from Highlands Leadership Institute) as per Madison's suggestion. 20:20 is a ministry internship for working and married adults who was to be equipped with the tools for full time ministry. And, honestly, after Airborne school, this program is very doable for me (PRAYER PLEASE). 20:20 would be an awesome opportunity to grow in the Lord and to take the wisdom gained back out into the Army world. (For more information check it out at COTH 20:20) So as I thought about that, I ventured to the mid-week service at COTH where I help out in Switch 56. Worship was great and I can feel myself breaking out of my little Christian shell more and more. God is moving me and putting my faith and life in MOTION.

MOTION (through dictionary meaning and my plans)

1. the action or process of moving or of changing place or position; movement.
(I moved to Bama to have a closer relationship to God)

2. power of movement, as of a living body.
(Putting my faith into action is allowing me to fulfill my position in the body of Christ)

3. the manner of moving the body in walking; gait.
(my actual walk with God seen by others)

4. a bodily movement or change of posture; gesture.
(a renewing of my spiritual condition)

5. a proposal formally made to a deliberative assembly: to make a motion to adjourn.
(the decision to allow God to change every aspect of my life)

6. an inward prompting or impulse; inclination: He will go only of his own motion.
(The Holy Spirit's influence in me)

7. Music . melodic progression, as the change of a voice part from one pitch to another.
(my way of worship to God)

The word MOTION in all it's definitions has given new meaning to my life, I can only pray that as I work the next three days at the Motion Student Conference, that I can see God working in the lives of these youths and that He can work in my own life as I continue this forward MOTION to follow in the footsteps of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment