Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Vine.

As I was reading through my One Year Bible, I noticed that sometimes the Bible can be more history than helpful information regarding spiritual growth (i.e. OT geneologies, letter condolences, etc). So I veered off the path of Chronicles and the benediction of Romans, and ventured toward the Book of John. I decided to read Chapter 15, which deals with the believers and their relationship with the Father, with other believers and with the world. Perhaps this chapter is most famous for Jesus' metaphor for the vine and the branches. From this reading, I had an in-depth conversation with Mama about the Calvinistic views of pre-destination and who does the choosing. I follow Calvin's views that God has a Book of Life and in it He has chosen those who will live and those who will not. The Father saved everyone through the sacrifice of Christ; however, there are some people who still do not believe Jesus is the Messiah. God meant for everyone to be saved, but for those people who have hardened their hearts to the love of Jesus and God; they will not spend eternity in the presence of God. In John 15:16 "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." How blessed am I that He chose me and I answered the calling so that I may bear fruit and do what I was created to do? So blessed!!

Now onto news in the Army sense... Yesterday I called MSG Boston (he is my contact sergeant and the NCO who hired me for the Fort Benning job) and got some information on when I would be going to Fort Benning. MSG Boston tells me that the NGB (National Guard Bureau, who will be paying my salary once I get orders) has put new regulations on how soldiers go about applying for these ADOS-RC jobs. Not to worry, the only set back is that I had to start from the beginning with the application process and he needed approval for the jobs in his budget. But no fear, his budget was in the black and he will get all the jobs he budgeted for. I had all the documents already, if should not take long. Also, the whole thing is done online and all of my paperwork is already uploaded. MSG Boston sent me the link to the website that I was to go to and submit my resume online so it could start the chain for the release to be signed. In the meantime, I just need to wait for the NGB to upload all the jobs so I can apply for that specific job in Fort Benning.

So pretty much, the job is mine and whether it takes two days or two months for me to get there, the job will be waiting for me. And with this new online system, MSG Boston can track where my release papers are and if they are being signed or in wait (he said the two days is too long for a paper to sit on someone's desk). It shouldn't be that much longer and the Lord is faithful. As long as I remain in Him, He will remain in me and whatever I ask of Him will be given to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment