Monday, August 23, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Throughout my lifetime, I have met people that have done one or two different jobs while in high school. They moved on to college, figured out a major and worked in that respective field. Upon graduation, they then got a job that related to their major. Teachers, nurses, reporters, professional students and MRS degrees. I have seen it all... however, in my life, I have noticed that this trend is not the path I have chosen. I will now take you on a journey of the different jobs I have had, different skills I have learned and my plan for the future (as if you did not know some of this already, just bear with me).

Age 15-16 (1999-2000): Food Runner/Porter at Lilac Lanes (I gave people their food, cleaned up their messes and rented lanes to bowlers)

Age 17 (2001): Carl's Jr./Hardees (I worked fast food for about month... DEFINITELY not for me)

Age 17-18 (2002-2003): Lawn Mower/Babysitter (pretty self explanatory... if you have questions, feel free to ask though)

Age 19-21 (2004-2006): Postal Worker at Whitworth University (I sorted mail and packages, sold postage, and did the mail run at the on-campus post office)

Age 22 (2006-2007): Whitworth Paint Crew (I painted dorm rooms and buildings on campus)

Age 23-24 (2007-2009) Skyhawks Sports Camps (I coached and directed sports camps for children ages 3-10)

Age 23 (2007-2008) Graduate Assistant (I filed papers, answered phones and was pretty mush a glorified secretary without the respect)

Age 24 (2009) Student Teacher (Even though this was and unpaid job, it was still a job)

Age 24-25 (2009-2010) Soldier in the US Army (I can shoot, choke people out, lead a group of soldiers through a war zone and figure out HR stuff)

Age 25 (2010) The Knitting Factory (I was a bouncer/event staff... pretty much, I threw drunk people out of concerts)

Age 25 (2010) Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC (I am helping with processes and organization of mass production of the 2011 Honda Odyssey)

Oh, and on top of all these jobs I have two degrees... and BA in English and a MEd. in Secondary Education. I feel that God has blessed me with the ability to adapt to this world. God created me to be smart, studious and a quick learner. He has allowed me to learn many skills and to have many opportunities that will no doubt help me in the long run. I want to be a professional soldier (hopefully an officer) one day and I feel that every job I have had up to this Honda job and all the jobs I will have after will make me a better defender and leader of this GREAT nation.

Praise be to God, for His love and mercy ENDURE FOREVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment