Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Beginnings

Today I had an interview at Honda Manufacturers of Alabama for a clerical position. Basically I will be entering data and ensuring that safety procedures are being held and maintained for the work environment. It is a temporary job that God has provided until I move to Fort Benning Georgia for Air Assault School. Also, I would get to work in the same general area as Daddy Baker, which is pretty awesome in and of itself. So that is a little information on the job front as I wait on the Army for a more permanent career.

Last night was Wednesday night service at Church of the Highlands and I work in Switch 56 (5th and 6th grade hooligans... er... children). Now sometimes it is hit or miss with my likeness of children. As long as they are behaving and not screaming 24/7. I am cool with kids. Now if they are being ridiculously annoying, screaming, misbehaving and mean, then we are going to have problems. Last night was perfect. Worship was awesome (Like a Lion and How He Loves are amazing presence of God songs and help with dancing for my Lord) and as I wandered into the presence of God the speaker for the night talked about leadership. Later in the night, I was able to lead a small group of 6th grade girls into the topic of being a servant and leader as we head back into this school year. It was awesome to lead those young girls, because i just read the questions and let them do all the talking. I was absolutely blown away by the knowledge that these young girls had in the ways of God, Satan and the way of the world. These girls are so prepared to go back to their schools and be servant leaders to their friends, their enemies and their peers in general, that it makes my heart leap at the impact that they are going to have for the Kingdom of God.

In the last couple weeks, I have grown closer and closer to God. Today, Madison and I had an amazing prayer and worship session in Riley's room that was followed by a great Bible study. I used to fear praying our loud and worshiping anywhere besides church, but now I cannot get enough of it. God is always on my mind and in my heart. I have even gotten up a couple times at 0500 in order to get to Church of the Highlands by 0600 from an hour of prayer with my fellow church members. I love being in God's presence and just in the know that he is always there guiding me, protecting me and motivating me to keep in His ways and on the path He has laid out for me. I cannot wait to see all He has in store for me and the blessings He will pour out in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment